DeployCentral

Why do I have to...

tghowe

Running Smartdeploy version 2.0.3000 on Server 2012 R2.

Why do I have to manually import each PPK file after running an upgrade?  The Images and Answer Files show in the dashboard with no issues, but it seems I have to manually import each PPK file after doing every software update.  Since there is no batch import this process takes a while.  Am I the only lucky one this happens to?

Thanx!

That's pretty odd that it's only happening to the platform packs. The next time this happens, try moving the ppk files out of C:\SmartDeploy\Platform Packs\ to some place like C:\Temp, and then cut/paste them back. You don't need to walk through the import option inside the console for each one. 

(Also; I am assuming you didn't change your SmartDeploy directory from the default C:\SmartDeploy)

My directory is on D-drive instead of "C", and the dashboard reflects this.  I did try setting it  to "C" and back to "D", but it made no difference.  It's been happening since version 2 was initially rolled out long ago.  I think there was only one update where it didn't happen this way.

• 4 weeks later...