DeployCentral

NVMe Script

howiedog

I looked for an answer to this but found nothing.

I am attempting to install this NVMe Script, on an image I have been using for some time, Win7 x64 and wanting to update this image for new devices that are now coming with M.2 drives etc.

Question: How do I know when this "SCRIPT" is finished installing completely??  Is there supposed to be a popup message or something??

I waiting for about 15 min as my mouse flashed the hourglass, taskmagr showing wscript running.....makcab running...cpu at or near 100% for 10 min...

At this point I gave up and rebooted, tried recapturing image...getting same message about not having NVMe files loaded.

Also, I just dbl clicked on "install" vbs file, or shud thus be run from CMD...or Elevated CMD??

Thoughts??

Ok..Thats fine...but is there something to let me know when its done the install...how do I know??

So I guess the answer is...NO?? There is NOTHING to tell me when this install is completed??

I am now 24 min in...wscript still running...along with makecab cpu steady at 81-88%..

And...I will ask the same question to be sure: Dbl click "install" to run or run from CMD or elevated CMD?

Shall I continue to wait??

EDIT: 30 min in...still running....yippie...

EDIT: now 35 min in.....and this script is STILL RUNNING???  

Ho Hum....

EDIT:......now 43 min.....and still running...like the Energizer Bunny but in a BAD way. So Obviously this script is pooched or something is amiss.

I will create a Support Ticket as there seems to be nothing coming back to me in this forum post.

Maybe Support will understand what I am asking about

Thanks. 

EDIT: now a HOUR and a HALF....and still running.

No Support yet from Support. I am in LIMBO.

Aha.....I am pretty sure thats what I had asked in the first place. Did I not??...YES I did.

That could have saved me an 1-1/2hr of twiddling my thumbs and sending in a Support Request.

Thanks for finally clearing that up.......Better late than  never I suppose.

******* 20 min later********

EDIT:. SAD SAD SAD,  No Difference after running from elevated cmd prompt.

20 min later and its still spinning its wheels. CPU grinding away sucking 85%...no end in sight.

No pop ups saying complete of NOT complete......NOTHING.???

Support has not checked in yet...still waiting on my Ticket.

I am going to assume this DOES NOT WORK as its supposed to.

I have now wasted over 2 hours trying to instal what I though was a simple file.

OMG....starting to loose faith in SmartDeploy.

Got this figured out via Support:

If the script refuses to run (in my case) you can install these required file manually. As per below:

If the script fails to install the hotfixes (generally due to inadequate user permissions, or software interfering with the installation process), it is necessary to re-run each step of the process manually: 

1.       Reboot the computer. 

2.       Download the hotfix package from here:

http://download.smartdeploy.com/NVMe.zip

3.       Extract the .zip to the root of C:\, to create a folder called C:\NVMe.

4.       Then assuming this is a 64-bit OS, browse to "C:\NVMe\NVMe\x64\ ", and double-click on Windows6.1-KB2990941-v3-x64.msu.  It may say that it is already installed; this is fine.  

5.       Open an administrative command prompt, run each of these commands, and ensure that each one returns success:

Dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\NVMe\NVMe\x64\Windows6.1-KB3087873-v2-x64\update-bf.mum

Regedit.exe /S C:\NVMe\NVMe\x64\StorNVMeService.reg

Regedit.exe /S C:\NVMe\NVMe\x64\StorNVMeCDDB.reg

Copy C:\NVMe\NVMe\x64\StorNVMeDriver\stornvme.sys C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\stornvme.sys

If each of these steps returns success, then reboot the VM one more time.  After it reboots, then you can shut it down and capture it.

END

I hope this helps others.

Cheers