DeployCentral

Windows 10 Activation

TonyCummins

I'm a little confused as to how this all works with a deployed image. Here's my scenario:

I have a Dell windows 7 Pro machine that is activated and licensed (99 more of them). When these where purchased they were downgraded to win 7 Pro (by Dell) and were shipped with win 8.1 Pro USB sticks for each computer.
I have created an inactivated win 10 Pro VM.
Created my deployment package and pushed it out via network to my win 7 pro. Everything works great and it boots to Win 10 Pro and i'm able to log in. The Win 10 Pro is activated. In the activation window it says Windows is activated with a digital license.
My question, am i good to go? Am i compliant? Will it do it to the 90 plus other machines im needing to upgrade to win 10?

Thanks in advance

Tony

When you entered your Win10 pro key, what kind of key was it? OEM? Volume License?

You will want to use volume license media and create your virtual reference with that media, then use your volume license key during the Capture/Deploy Wizard phase.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

I came across this while trying to search for answers...

The digital license is associated with that specific device, which means you can reformat the disk and perform a clean installation of the same edition of Windows 10 anytime. You won't need a product key, and activation is automatic.