DeployCentral

Application Packs

Aaron@Shared

I am writing this knowing full well that this is a beta feature...however. I need some assistance.

I have created several custom packs:

1. Citrix
  2. Asset Management Software
  3. Office 2010 32 bit

They create just fine and seem to deploy just fine but nothing happens on the computer. Nothing installs. No errors. No logs. Can someone shed light onto why this is not working? Is there more update documentation on this feature or not?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

If you keep an eye on our YouTube channel, a video I just created stepping through the whole App Package process will be posted as soon as the marketing team throws their spin on it.

In the mean time, the important thing is to make sure you have the ports open for App Deployment to work. Test with one of the Application Packages that we've made available to see it in action, and then look to make your custom pack.

Regarding custom packs, the important thing to look to is the run command. Test the installation of the application you want to deploy on a client via command line, silently. Then add that in the tasks field. Here's an image of a Pack I made for a demo, using Team Viewer.

Application.png

Thanks for responding. I have refreshed the SD YouTube page several times yesterday and this morning and no new videos. I attempted the above with Office 2010 and it did not install.

SDAppPackOffice.thumb.jpg.b3688c856dde3744a68ce566718e7500.jpg

The outlined area:
Where does SD get the [ApplicationsFolder] path from? The install files are on D:\SmartDeploy\Application Packs\Office 2010 Pro Plus w SP2\

Does something else need configured?

1 minute ago, Long@Foley said:

In relation to this topic, we are having a problem using this feature. When I click to add, all of the fields are grayed out. What do I need to do to make this functionality work?

@Long@Foley You need to click on File, then New and then Save it. Once this is done, then you can add your files and your commands.

(They are working on documentation for this feature, fyi)

On 2/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, Aaron@Shared said:

Thanks for responding. I have refreshed the SD YouTube page several times yesterday and this morning and no new videos. I attempted the above with Office 2010 and it did not install.

X

The outlined area:
Where does SD get the [ApplicationsFolder] path from? The install files are on D:\SmartDeploy\Application Packs\Office 2010 Pro Plus w SP2\

Does something else need configured?

Looking at the Application Packs folder, the file sizes are huge. It's not just a configuration file, so it also includes the app itself. So I don't think it's referring to an actual path. I think it's just SD's syntax.

This is my best guestimation.

Ok. I have been able to get this working with custom software BUT I want to be able to get Office 2010 or 16 installed this way. When doing so, the files copy and the Bootstrap program runs but nothing installs. I checked the logs and this is what I am seeing:

This request operation sent to net.tcp://10.98.110.194:8733/Design_Time_Addresses/SmartDeploy.ClientServiceWCF/Message/ did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:01:29.9990006).  The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.  This may be because the service is still processing the operation or because the service was unable to send a reply message.  Please consider increasing the operation timeout (by casting the channel/proxy to IContextChannel and setting the OperationTimeout property) and ensure that the service is able to connect to the client.

Can anyone help me with this error?  What arguments do I need to put into this for it to work?

22 hours ago, Jeff Harris said:

Here's a link to the video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTa8KYyBAI

Can you test app deployment with one of the smaller apps we have available for download? It could be that port 8733 is being blocked along the way.

Jeff, thank you but I was able to get to get this working. I had to create an Unattended Installer with the Microsoft Office 2010 installer tool. But thank you for getting back to me on this.

Aaron