DeployCentral

Windows 10 Event Viewer Errors

Need some help identifying and stopping these errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer coming from SmartDeploy Console/Client Service. Here is the XML output of one of the errors.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="SmartDeploy Console/Client Service" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-04-09T16:06:16.008143200Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>415043</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>HPC8420GJW.buckeyehq.com</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Exception: The wireless local area network interface is powered down and doesn't support the requested operation at Common.SmartDeploy.NativeMethods.#aMi(Int32 #bMi) at Common.SmartDeploy.Managers.WlanManager.WlanInterface.GetAvailableNetworkList(WlanGetAvailableNetworkFlags flags) at Common.SmartDeploy.Managers.WlanManager.GetAllConnectedWirelessNetworkProfiles() at SmartDeploy.ClientService.Communication.ServiceMonitor.UpdateWirelessNetworkProfile()</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Thoughts?

Hello Aaron@Shared,

Can you confirm this is happening on a client? Is this client connection to the host in a good state? If you look in the console in the Computer management workspace, is this clients listing in bold-face letters?

How often does this occur? Does this happen to more than one client?

Just now, Jeff Harris said:

Ok thanks Aaron. The greyed out text means the last heartbeat check didn't work. Good to see that some clients are still black, which means the client isn't failing.

I've shared this thread with some members of the team here to see if we can determine what's going on.

Jeff, thank you very much.

Aaron

Alright well we can't re-produce that error ourselves. I'd file a ticket with Support. Hopefully it doesn't require shipping us a unit.

I don't see an HP ProDesk 600 G4 platform pack, only a G3, as what's in your screenshot above. You deployed to a 600 G4, with the client install option? Or just installed the client?

Can you share version information on the wireless adapter driver?

• 1 month later...

Has this been resolved?  I'm experiencing the same thing on multiple laptops.  We DO have the Dell bios set to disable wireless when Wired is connected.  I know what is causing it, but i'm not sure how to resolve it without doing the obvious, which isn't really an option.  Is there a way to configure the SDClient to only try to report back from the active interface?