DeployCentral

CaptureVIrtualDisks.Unmount returned:21

Amanda

I keep having this issue when trying to cold capture my image. There is no antivirus software installed on the image so I'm not sure what would be causing the error. I have attached my capture log. I am able to do a warm capture without issue but is more time consuming and would like to solve the issue with cold captures. 

Capture.log

Hi Amanda,

The 'warm capture' is typically VM specific.

There could be something about your host environment that is interfering with the functionality of Capture Wizard - domain security policy and antivirus software (this isn't the case in your scenario) are common culprits. It is for this reason that we provide two different methods for capture, and I can assure you that the resulting .wim file is identical whether it is captured using either method (it is literally the same Capture Wizard running in either context - the only difference is the OS environment that it is being executed in). 

Were currently in the process of making the Capture wizards performance better but the warm capture method isn't intended to be an alternative, per se - just another tool in the toolbox. We have many customers whose secure environments render it impractical to run Capture Wizard directly, and they've decided as a practical matter that it's easiest to just run warm capture every time they need to capture a new image. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at support@smartdeploy.com