DeployCentral
lfrausto

sysprep was not able to validate your windows install

I was imaging a computer using windows Enterprise  and keep getting the same error. Using it for a Lenovo T480s and using USB to image.

Hello,

We would need to see the full deployment logs, which would include the sysprep logs. Restart the machine back into the SmartDeploy boot environment and click Collect Logs. Save the resulting zip and submit a support request here and we can investigate further. Be sure to reference this thread in the ticket.

Thanks,

Devon

SmartDeploy Support

I also received this same issue after I updated my reference image with the latest round of updates for Win 10 1903. Specifically, this was the 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4505903).

Hi the_ringleader,

Given the specificity of the issue, we're prepping a VM to test it on our end right now. We can't be sure if we'll be able to find a resolution for this if it's a bad update breaking Sysprep (until Microsoft releases an update of their own to fix it), but we'll see what we can do in the meantime. Stay tuned - we'll post any updates here.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

I've confirmed that this update does indeed break sysprep. I've circulated logs with the team, we'll take a look at it but it may be up to Microsoft to correct this. Until then we'll have to ask users to rollback the update before capturing their image. 

This morning I checked for updates on the virtual machine that I re-produced this sysprep error, a cumulative update (KB4512508) was available. I installed this and found that my VM was once again able to sysprep.