DeployCentral

1910 PPK

AdsaM

Hi Guys,

I am having problems with our default.ppk since upgrading to 1910 build.

I have updated all the ppks that referred to WINPE 2.1 as instructed. And whilst doing this have updated the Bios for each model to the latest from Dell.

Now when i build a machine with Smartdeploy, towards the end of the imaging process, i receive an overflow error.

On checking the deploy.log i am recing the following...

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.PlatformPack.ProcessManifest Processing all Tasks Except PREIMAGE: Device, OS, Model, & Manufacturer

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.PlatformPack.ProcessTasks Processing Task. Phase:POSTIMAGE Command:T:\Platform\BIOS\0780-A07.EXE /nopause

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.PlatformPack.ProcessTasks Running POSTIMAGE Task: T:\Platform\BIOS\0780-A07.EXE /nopause

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.Process.Run Running Command. Command:T:\Platform\BIOS\0780-A07.EXE /nopause

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.PlatformPack.ProcessTasks Error: 6 Overflow

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.PlatformPack.ProcessPreimageTasks Error: 6 Overflow

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.Wizard.Deploy Error: 6 Overflow

01/28/2011 10:13:24 Deploy Wizard.Wizard.cmdNav_Click Error: 6 Overflow

I have also built a fresh ppk for the pc model in question and receive the same error.

This also happens on other models that i have updated the bios. I have double checked the wmi and postimage entries which i know are correct.

When i remove the bios from the ppk. all runs fine.

Any ideas as to the problem please.?

Thanks

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

Based on the file name of the BIOS it looks like this pack is for the OptiPlex 780? The BIOS install task may be mistyped which is why removing it fixes the problem. The OpitPlex BIOS files start with the letter O for OptiPlex, from the log it looks like the file that is being called is 0780-A07.EXE starting with a zero. Could you please double check the BIOS file and insure that the file name in the task is correct.

Thanks,

Erik

Erik,

I feel an idiot Sorry.

you were spot on, I had put a Zero instead of an "O".

God i feel such an idiot.

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Changed and tested today and all working brill again.

Love Smartdeploy apart from my stupidness. Think it maybe excitement of such a great product.

All the best.

Stevie.

Hi Stevie,

Glad to hear that fixed it! No need to feel bad, we have all done it :) If anything the error reporting in this particular case can be improved. Our dev team is working on adding a more descriptive error message to reduce confusion.

Thanks,

Erik