DeployCentral

Smartdeploy Client Issues after server rebuild

Sam @ MCC

We upgraded our SmartDeploy install to 2.0.3050 and everything was good.

Then we started our Windows 7-10 upgrade project. - When trying to use the USMT capture on some of our older clients SmartDeploy helpfully told us we needed to upgrade to a different client version for the USMT functionality (2.0.3035 I think?)  and that's where the problems began.

The server we used for our initial installs using smartdeploy no longer exists, but when trying to install the latest client using an MSI, it fails as it can't find the installer from the original location. - So it doesn't update.

So we tried pushing the Installer via a GPO. - it updated our Win10 machines, but not the win7... - update fails.

Then, in an almost last ditch effort  first - All machines with an agent version earlier than 2.0.3050 were removed from the SDE Computer Management console. Then - All of the offending workstations, the SDE server, and domain controllers were rebooted. but even after days, the win7 machines haven't shown up in the console.

Is there a script / Command I can run to purge all traces of the old agents, so the new agent can install, which will allow us to USMT all the things, and get this project back on track?

The error it throws is 1714 the previous version of smart deploy could not be removed. contact your technical team.

Help me DeployCentral! you're my only hope...

Hi Sam,

Let's take a look at your Application Logs from Event Viewer on the Windows 7 clients. Open Event Viewer and expand the Windows Logs - > Application and right click to save them. Please submit a ticket here and refer to this thread, and we can take a look at why the client is having issues with the Window 7 clients.

image.png

Thanks,

Devon 

SmartDeploy Support