DeployCentral

Has anyone deployed WebEx? Having no luck

Ted Pruitt

Ted; First make sure that deployments are working correctly by testing one of the Application Packs we provide, like 7zip. 

Then, you'll need to make sure that you have the correct silent installation parameters either for exe or msi. You'll want to test from a command line first. 

Also, make sure that you're adding msiexec.exe /i to the start of the executable location field. For example: msiexec.exe /i [ApplicationsFolder]MyPack/Files/MyApp.msi

Thanks Jeff -  I've done this with other MSI installs - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I understand the process. But honestly, application deployment for me has been very hit or miss. It would be an awesome feature - but it's not terribly reliable.

Perhaps I'm missing something. I don't seem to be able to troubleshoot it very well. The logs - at least where i'm looking don't really offer any help. And the event logs on the PC doesn't have anything.

I've rebooted both the SmartDeploy workstation and my PC. Other pushes seem to work fine - driver updates for example.

Not sure where to start with tracking this down.