DeployCentral
Bam

Answer File creation

When creating an answer file, I am adjusting some of the advanced settings and getting the following error:

"Key not valid for use in specified state."

Any help understanding what this means would be appreciate.

Screenshot (1).png

This is likely due to a problem with the certificates created by SmartDeploy. Unfortunately you'll need to clear them out and re-install SmartDeploy to repair this issue.  

1. Uninstall SmartDeploy.          
  2. Click Start, search for Certificates, click on Manage computer certificates    
  3. In the left pane, browse to Certificates - Local Computer | Personal | Certificates    
  4. In the center pane, locate the certificate that shows SmartDeploy Console/Client Service Root CA in the Issued By column. Right-click this certificate | Delete, and confirm deletion if prompted.      
  5. In the left pane, browse to Certificates - Local Computer | Trusted Root Certification Authorities    | Certificates.     
  6. In the center pane, locate the certificate that shows SmartDeploy Console/Client Service Root CA in the Issued By column. Right-click this certificate | Delete, and confirm deletion if prompted.      
  7. Close the certificates console, then reboot the computer and re-install SmartDeploy

Today, I am getting the error:

Please specify an image file.

I followed the above instructions and started all over with capturing a new image file, creating new answer files, etc...