DeployCentral

Updating endpoint agent

saggy32

I am trying to update the endpoint agents. I can push this out via intune as an installer, but I need to be able to uninstall the old agent first. Anyone familiar with updating the client via intune? I can't do it from the smart deploy console because the console updated - which means I can't update drivers or software if needed. Seems counter productive. The console should be able to update the client if the version is out of date. 

Clients that check in with your console should receive a message to update themselves automatically if the console was updated. This process can break if the clients are connecting via VPN, or there is a problem uninstalling the current one. 

I'd first give one client a test by uninstalling/installing manually to see if there's any issues. Then on the next client, restart the client service, check the application log in Event Viewer for errors, and wait about 5-10 minutes to see if it updates itself. 

Following that, you'll want to reach out to Support to we can take a more in-depth look at what the client is doing.