DeployCentral

Web console request

saggy32

I would like to second the road map objective for a smart deploy web console.  This would be a massive improvement.

In the mean time. My techs are having trouble viewing the end points on their locally installed consoles. Is there a way for them to be able to view the contents, push drivers etc, without logging into the main server? I seem to recall this worked a while back. Maybe I am crazy and it did not.

Some back ground. We are running a local machine - joined to intune. We are an all cloud environment. No servers. Our VDI environment is blocked for RDP. Or we would have build it in the azure vdi space. PC's all check in. I can push packages from the main console. I just need my guys to be able to see it. And use it.

Suggestions?

Unfortunately, that is a current limitation of SmartDeploy; that you must be logged into the console host with local administrator rights, and only one instance of the console can be open at at a time. 

This is feedback that we've received from numerous customers, and it is on our roadmap. It does likely mean a substantial re-write of SmartDeploy, which I believe is underway. I don't have a timeline or expected ETA for this to share unfortunately. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/7/2020 at 1:31 PM, Jeff Harris said:

Unfortunately, that is a current limitation of SmartDeploy; that you must be logged into the console host with local administrator rights, and only one instance of the console can be open at at a time. 

This is feedback that we've received from numerous customers, and it is on our roadmap. It does likely mean a substantial re-write of SmartDeploy, which I believe is underway. I don't have a timeline or expected ETA for this to share unfortunately. 

Any update on this?