DeployCentral

network boot media

DPS

Hello,

I am trying to make boot media that will connect to a network share that contains the image. I walk thru the "build Boot Media" wizzard. I select the .ppk I downloaded from smartdeploy.com for the model of PC I need to image. I boot to the CD but the PC never gets an IP and the network card isn't detected. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

It could be the network driver in the Platform Pack. Are you only experiencing this problem with one machine type or multiple? At any rate, you can send in a request to support@smartdeploy.com and they can check out the pack and see if it is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Erik

Ok I did some more testing. I've determined it is the HP\Compaq DX7500 and 6000pro that don't work. The HP dc5700 does work. Must be a different NIC than the DX7500 and 6000 pro. We have both Dell and HP desktops. I created seperate SD network boot media for all makes and models we have. All of the network boot media using Dell PPKs worked. My company has not renewed its support for SmartDeploy. Looks like we may be going in another direction.

Sorry to hear that, if there is anything we can do to help you out let us know.

On the Platform Pack ground, both the DX7500 and 6000 Pro packs have been update. Please let me know if you continue to have network issues in PE.