DeployCentral

Blue Screen Loop after reboot from PE Environment

sking

After deploying over a hundred computers, this is the problem that seems to crop up the most. I'll download the platform pack specified for the computer models, or I'll have to make one, and then, after deploying the imaged and reporting that it was done successfully, the computer in question will start to boot Windows, then get a blue screen and reboot. Unfortunately, there is no way to record this, as it happens too fast to either get a picture of or write down the error code. It seems to be related to platform packs, as when I make alterations to the pack in question or make a new pack, it sometimes will fix the issue. An important note about the new packs is that they rarely contain the same drivers. And sometimes I stuff different platform packs into one pack, without the model differentiation that is possible and recommended to set up. This is normally what works the best. It's just time consuming and doesn't always work. Is there anyone that can shed some light on why this happens in the first place or a fix for it? I assume it's because of a missing driver or something, but it shouldn't keep it from booting in the first place.

Hello,

Can you download an unmodified platform pack for your model, and do not combined or modify it? Then boot to SmartPE, click Deploy An Image, click Advanced, browse to the unmodified platform pack and proceed through deployment? Do you still receive the blue screen?

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support