DeployCentral

Oracle VM Virtual Box issues

jcadit

Has anyone run into this issue with VirtualBox?

I captured my windows 7 VM using capture wizard. All the applications I installed came up just fine. However it did not capture the local admin account, my folder setup on my c:, and windows firewall settings. Is there something specific I need to do before capturing the VM?

Thanks

Yes I created a local admin account before capturing the VM. I placed a folder in the root directory so one of our applications starts up properly. I noticed that the registry and windows firewall changes I made in my VM did not stick when I deployed the image. I had to manually make those changes on the machine. I am using Virtual Box v 4.3.2.

Thanks

I use VirtualBox and didn't have issues whatsoever. However, some of the changes you are referring to might be connected with the fact that after applying the platformpack and re-installation of drivers for the new architecture, some settings might get changed and you will have to use tasks to set them correctly. For example, when changing power settings on the VDI machine before capturing, you won't be able to set options for setting the computer to sleep. However when I deploy my image to a new machine, I want this setting to be set to never. In order to achieve that, I run a task with command "powercfg.exe -change -standby-timeout-ac 0" to set it.

Also, you might need to check if sysprep is not changing some settings and overwriting the values upon deployment. I would recommend doing some post deployment configuration with scripts to make sure you have all things set.