DeployCentral

Error when finishing smartdeploy

I have gone through all the steps without any problems, but after the computer reboots several times I get this error "windows could not finish configuring the system, to attempt to resume configuration,restart the computer". I can not do anything but shut it down, no mouse support.

Any ideas? this error seems like sysprep error.

Hello,

Are you attempting to deploy Windows 7? If so, for 4th generation Intel Core processor machines, 2 updates are required for Windows 7 in order deployment to be successful:

User-mode framework 1.11 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685813)

Kernel-mode framework 1.11 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685811)

These are mandatory from Windows Update, and if you’ve run all Windows Updates in your virtual reference machine then it should have them. You can confirm that these updates are installed by booting your virtual reference computer, opening Programs and Features | View Installed Updates, and searching for KB2685813 and KB2685811. If those updates are not present and installed, they should be installed from the links above, before capture and deployment. If those updates are present, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

I checked the Virtual Machine and these two updates are already installed. This has not been a good experience, after using Ghost for so many years, we finally thought this solution was the answer. I'm running out of time.

This happens on the second reboot during "setup is starting services"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I agree, I am having this issue and can not figure out the issue. :angry:

Hi bparadis!

I've had this issue too in my latest image. The exact error message was the following: "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation."

MDT-WMF.PNG

In my case, I was not using the official Windows 7 Professional x64 ISO from Microsoft, but a custom ISO that I've had modified with NTLite to integrate all the currently available updates (previously downloaded from Microsoft using the tool WHDownloader). I finally found that the issue was being caused by one of the 'Additional' updates. I rebuild the ISO integrating only the updates from the General, Hotfixes, and Security categories... and the error disappeared.

Hope this will help you :-)

-- Javier Llorente