DeployCentral

Windows Activation

SergeR

So I have two images set up based on the same VM and I am running into a strange activation error upon install. I get the error "DNS name does not exist" on just ONE of the images, the other one activates fine.

Every advice I saw on the web is to use a MAK key instead of a KMS because the error points to a problem reaching to a KMS server- however, I am using a MAK key (entered in the Smart Deploy prompt while creating the image) and there lies my dilemma what I am doing wrong. Also, when I use the very same key to activate manually, it works. I have deleted the image and recreated to eliminate the possibility of a bad key, no luck.

Is this Windows 7 Professional VL by chance? You may just have to force the key and activation with tasks.

Deploy Wizard, Advanced, Tasks…

FIRSTBOOT
cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs –ipk XXXXX- XXXXX- XXXXX- XXXXX- XXXXX
cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmrg.vbs –ato

Is this Windows 7 Professional VL by chance? You may just have to force the key and activation with tasks.

Deploy Wizard, Advanced, Tasks…

FIRSTBOOT

cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs –ipk XXXXX- XXXXX- XXXXX- XXXXX- XXXXX

cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmrg.vbs –ato

Is this "Deploy wizard" part of WDS or SD itself?