DeployCentral

Smartdeploy Agent

lloo

Hello,

You can find the client install in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartDeploy\SmartDeploy Enterprise folder once you have it installed.

To install the client silently, use the following parameters:

SDEClientSetup.exe /S /v" CONSOLEHOST=servername /qn"

Where the servername is the machine with the SmartDeploy console installed on it. I have also attached instructions on how to install the agent via group policy if you’re interested.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

Thanks this works.

I have another question. Now that I have the agent installed on 2 stations in the same subnet with the smartdeploy enterprise computer. The console only sees 1 of the stations.

How does the smartdeploy enterprise computer register the computers with agents. I reinstalled the agent a few times (putting in ip address of console computer) and it still doesn't see the computer and add it to computer management.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:31 AM, SmartDeploySupport said:

Hello,

You can find the client install in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartDeploy\SmartDeploy Enterprise folder once you have it installed.

To install the client silently, use the following parameters:

SDEClientSetup.exe /S /v" CONSOLEHOST=servername /qn"

Where the servername is the machine with the SmartDeploy console installed on it. I have also attached instructions on how to install the agent via group policy if you’re interested.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

I don't see instructions for installing via group policy.

On 4/20/2016 at 9:31 AM, SmartDeploySupport said:

On 6/8/2016 at 5:42 PM, matt.larsen said:

I don't see instructions for installing via group policy.

I found the instructions in the User Guide. Open up the SmartDeploy Enterprise software, click on Tools. Click on User Guide and go down to page 86. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I found GPO super unreliable. In most of my cases, it would install but the service wouldn't run so it would back out.

I think the client is still a little buggy for GPO install at this stage.

Also, to be fair, most of my issues were with Win 7 - since we've pushed out Win10 1809, it was less so, but on new systems, I just invoked the imaging process via PXE boot.

• 1 month later...