DeployCentral

Deploy old image and not new image

AP608

Need Help!!!!! I created an image when we were still demoing SmartDeploy everything went great. Now that we bought SmartDeploy I deleted the old image and capture a new updated image and upload it to WDS. But when i deploying it is still deploying my old image, again this image has been deleted from WDS and SmartDeploy server. How can i resolve this? 

Hi Anthony,

This likely indicates that your current WDS boot image has an Answer File that points to your old OS image - which must still exist in some location on your network that you specified previously.

You'll need to create a new Answer File that specifies your new OS image, then re-run Media Wizard to create new boot media using this Answer File. Be sure to check the box that says "For use with WDS", and save as an ISO file. This will create a .wim version of the boot image in whichever save location you specify. Copy the WIM file to your WDS server, and replace the existing boot image with the new one.

If the issue persists, shoot us an email at support (at) smartdeploy.com, and we can help troubleshoot further.

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL

SpiceworksTwitterfacebookyoutube

That was my first thought, I removed all files of old image this includes all answer files associated with the old image. I event created an new VM that i  am capturing from. Recreated the Answer files and still it deploys the old image. Not sure where it is pulling this old image from. 

If you send us C:\Windows\Debug\Deploy.log from the affected device, we can take a look at what's going on.

support (at) smartdeploy.com.

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL

SpiceworksTwitterfacebookyoutube