DeployCentral

Issues with drivers in PlatformPack

This summer I imaged 160 ProBook 440 G3 with the latest platformpack.  I have had audio driver problems ever since.  The audio works fine to start with but at random times the audio will stop working.  I found a solution online to fix the audio problem by installing 3 separate drivers, but I am not excited about the probability of having to do this on all 160 laptops.

Hi Darrin,

Sorry to hear that - the Conexant drivers generally plug-and-play without issue at deployment time (this is the case on other HP ProBook models), but we can modify the pack to run the full installer, which should hopefully resolve the issue for future deployments. It looks like there is a new version of the Audio driver available, so we can go ahead and update the pack. You'll just need to submit the Platform Pack Request Form, here:
https://www.smartdeploy.com/support/platform-pack-request/

Be sure to note which OS version you're experiencing this issue with - it appears that HP has released an update for this device on Windows 10, but not on Windows 7.

Feel free to email us at support (at) smartdeploy.com if you have any questions.  

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL

SpiceworksTwitterfacebookyoutube