DeployCentral

Images Name in Library Bug

I am having a bug where one particular image in my library keeps showing a hashed name instead of the simple image name. Imaging still works fine, just some weird bug and was wondering if anyone else had this or new a way to resolve it.

imagenamebug.JPG

You could try right-clicking on that image and select refresh.  If that doesn't work could you send the following to support @ smartdeploy.com and we'll take a look.

c:\smartdeploy\logs\console.log

c:\windows\system32\SmartDeploy.sdf

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

Need the SmartDeploy.sdf, not SmartDeploy.log.

Also, the image metadata would be helpful. Open the "SmartDeploy Enterprise Command Prompt" as admin, and run the following command against the image in question and send us the output.

smartwim /info your.wim

The console is expecting the partitions to be in the default Windows 10 order of a 500MB system and the rest of the drive as the boot partition.

Capture.PNG

So, we've filed a bug to have the console find the correct index of the .wim that contains the Windows node and use the name of that Index.

But, curious how your VM was created to end up with that partition structure?

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

The only way I can think it would end up like that is you used the VMware "Easy Install", which automates Windows setup and forces Windows to use a single partition.  Then perhaps this VM was upgraded from one version of Windows 10 to another, like 1511 to 1607, and that process created the 450MB recovery partition at the end of the drive.

Can't really fix the partitions now. Would need to create a new VM, not use the Easy Install, I.e. just select "I will install the OS later".  Once the VM is created attach the latest Windows 10 .iso and install Windows.  Or, you can just use the SmartDeploy Build Wizard to create your VM.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support