DeployCentral

Windows 10 ADK

etk1131

What version of ADK does version 2.0.2097 support?  I had the Windows 10 ADK v1703 installed when I had 2.0.2080, but when I try to create new boot media after upgrading to 2.0.2097, I'm getting a message that it can't find the ADK.  When I click the download link provided, it looks like it's trying to get me to install the ADK for v1607.  I tried the latest ADK for v1709, but got the same error.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi there,

We added this check and warning for the Windows ADK installation to the latest version of SmartDeploy, to prevent users from running Media Wizard without the ADK installed, as this will lead to a common failure. At present, it only checks for the ADK in the default install location. However, we have received feedback like this from other users who have it installed on a secondary hard drive, so we will be widening this check to look for the ADK in any valid install location (as recorded in the registry) in a future version.

In the meantime, the workaround would be to uninstall the ADK and reinstall it in the default location on C:\. The three required components would be Deployment Tools, WindowsPE, and the User State Migration Tools.

You can run the installer from here (1703 is fine at this time):

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-assessment-deployment-kit

Sorry for any inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any questions or issues - you can reach us at support (at) smartdeploy.com.

Regards,
Glenn

SmartDeploy Support

888.7DEPLOY    toll-free

SmartDeploy®

Learn about our award winning

Windows deployment solutions

www.smartdeploy.com

www.deploycentral.com

Twitter: @SmartDeploy

Facebook: SmartDeploy

Spiceworks: Spiceworks