DeployCentral

Deploying from remote system via USB to connect via office

Crazin

I am looking to see if it's possible to have my satellite office enter a USB we supply with SmartDeploy and have my office control the install and updates. Is this possible? I did not find anything via the "User Manual"... Of course we have deployed via USB but it's been hands on, and via the network. We need to do this with a new PC install that we can control the update remotely.

You can send them a USB drive with SmartDeploy boot media on it, but it's going to either follow the answer file as an unattended deployment, or require action from a user at the remote site. 

You  could in theory perform deployments remotey, while using USB if you have VPN and KVM access to the systems. 

SmartDeploy has the ability to do console initiated deployments. If you install the SmartDeploy Client on a computer, and it can reach the SmartDeploy console system, you could "push" a deployment form the console to the remote computer.

The caveat here, is remote/VPN network connections may not office the best performance and could lead to problems in the imaging process.